A food addict's travels on the road to recovery.

Monday, July 12, 2010

3 More Weeks

Well it's only 3 more weeks til I move into my new tiny apartment!!  I made about $50 on the last of my garage sale stuff Saturday, then packed it all up in boxes and Dwayne and I hauled it all to the Salvation Army.  Next I went into packing mode for the move, with a break on Saturday evening to meet my friend Kim from "All About The Bottom Line" and her husband for dinner.  We had a great time at the Cherokee Cattle Co. where I enjoyed a dish called Chicken Princess....two broiled chicken breasts stuffed with shrimp & crabmeat with a side of steamed broccoli and sauteed onions and mushrooms.  I only ate one of the chicken breasts, and took the other one home to share with Scarlette....I cut off a couple of bites for her and threw the rest in the trash.  Yay for not sucking it all down at the restaurant! Kim and I also shared one piece of key lime pie....she told me it was absolutely delicious and she was right!  I'm glad we went the moderation route and split a piece. 

I weighed 247.0 last Friday...which was down .2 of a lb. from the previous Friday...so I'm basically still maintaining.  As happy as I am that I haven't been gaining this month, I am truly getting tired of seeing the # "247" flash on my scale.  I want to see a lower #, and have been considering what to do to get jump started again at the end of July when I get moved into the apt.  Maybe another challenge??  I'm sure thinking about it.  I know there are other challenges going on right now so I'm not sure how many would be interested if I did one....we'll see.  Hope everyone is doing well...I signed on the computer for about 20 mins last night before bed and hopped around to a couple of blogs and left comments.  I'm hoping to stop by a few more during the day and say hi to some more of my friends!!  :)

8 comments:

  1. Hi Tammy - I miss you! I know you're swamped with the new job, packing, selling stuff and getting ready to move. It's all good stuff and I'm so glad the job is working out, but personally I think your boss should give you an hour a day for blogging??!! If only, huh?
    Good job on chucking the chicken...usually I end up eating what I brought home the same night!

    I'm so glad I was one of the blogs you hit last night! It made me so happy to see your comment. I promise to let you know when I'll be in ATL as soon as I know. And did you know the next International convention for AA in 2015 is in Atlanta!! I'm psyched for that, though I guess there is time to plan, yuk yuk.

    Tal to you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would be interested in another challenge. I need a jump start, too. Been at or around the same weight for 3 weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would certainly contemplate a challenge if my bum knee would allow it. Moderation! Good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey hey hey, glad that you made a bit more money withthe rest of you sale. I wish you all the best with the move!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am excited for you and your tiny apartment! It will do wonders for you to be away from other people's stresses.
    Wish I could come have dinner with you XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  6. Me again, Tammy...
    there's an award for you over on my blog. Go grab it when you get a chance!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tammy I know how you feel....I am stuck at 218 lbs. Just can't get below it. But I have good news. I have finsihed my stint of PT, and my pain under control. My therapist said I can start back at the gym. But no treadmill, and only about 5 min on the bike and elliptical. I am also going to start using the rowing machine. I am hoping this will kick the weight loss in gear. Hope your move goes smooth, and that the weather is good to you on moving day!

    ReplyDelete