A food addict's travels on the road to recovery.

Friday, December 17, 2010

My Sweet Friend Tina

I had dinner last night with Tina from Fat Girl Dives In.  Can I tell you how much I love this girl?  She's so much fun to be with...so easy to talk to...so down-to-earth, funny...no pretenses...just one of those genuine, caring people.  Well last night I discovered another adjective to use when describing her...thoughtful.  She brought me a gift to dinner, and I brought her one as well.  I gave her 3 little loaves of Christmas bread in a basket with a holiday cup and hot chocolate to enjoy.  She gave me 2 big bags of FRESH PRODUCE from the Farmer's Market.  She had read a blog post I wrote a couple of weeks ago saying I wouldn't be buying any groceries this month because I needed every last penny to buy Christmas gifts for my family and Dwayne and Scarlette.  I wrote that I had plenty of food in the freezer and pantry to make it through the month....it just wouldn't be very balanced with no fresh produce.  So that was her Christmas gift to me....just so thoughtful...makes me want to cry!!!  I love my gift...and brought some fruit with me to work today....fresh fruit...oh how I've missed you!!  I also have some fresh veggies at home now that I get to cook up later tonight after my dinner with my other awesome friend, Kim.  I'm very blessed and thankful to have such good friends in my life...and I want everyone else to know just how awesome they are, too.  :)

14 comments:

  1. That was so sweet of Tina! Aw, bloggers are such neat people. :)
    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was incredibly sweet and thoughtful of her!

    She sounds like a great friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness...this did make me cry!!! Tina is such an extra special person!!! Wow!!! That's awesome!!!! So glad that you had a great dinner with her...and looking forward to our equally great dinner this evening...:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's enough to make you cry. She's incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kinda makes me rethink that box of Moon Pies I was gonna send you...

    Tina rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How sweet that was. And Jack is too frickin funny. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow - how thoughtful! Tina's a great gal. She's on the list for bloggers I'm going to meet in Atlanta next visit!

    ReplyDelete
  8. UR RIGHT!
    She is a thoughtful friend and one that keeps her ears and eyes open too. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Blogger friends are AWESOME!!!
    And Jack should be on tv!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tina is really wonderful - I'm so glad you have her in your life!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Blog friends are truly the best! What a wonderful gift exchange you both enjoyed. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a sweet and thoughtful gift from Tina...Glad you guys had a good time! Have a great weekend Tammy!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awww Tammy you are so sweet. You have been a huge support to me and deserve the best of everything!

    ReplyDelete



Given by 266

Given by 266 and Bearfriend

Given by Jen

Given by Bearfriend

Given by Sheilagh & Kathleen

Given by Brittany, Michelle, Irene, Melanie, Sean, Amy, Sheilagh, Francesca & Christa

Given by Kristina, Amy & Auburn

Given by Sarah, Brittany, VRaz60, 266, Rebecca & Auburn

Given by Brittany

Given by Kelly

Given by Dawne & ETL

Given by 266, Sweettooth, Kelly & Brittany

Progress Photos

Progress Photos
232 lbs. ~ Size 18/20 outfit

232 lbs.

242.0 lbs. ~ Size 22/24 outfit

242.0 lbs.

Start Weight 06-12-09

Start Weight  06-12-09
272 lbs. ~ Size 26/28 outfit