A food addict's travels on the road to recovery.

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

I Love This Season

I've got classic Christmas songs playing softly on my computer now here at work...ahhhh.  So happy.  :)

Time to get down to the nitty gritty with my budget this last month of the year.  I budget $100 for groceries out of  each of my 2 checks per month.  Instead of buying groceries this month, I'm using that $200 to wrap up all of my Christmas shopping.  I'll be eating what's already in my pantry, fridge and freezer.  There's enough food to last for the month....just won't be very balanced meals due to running out of fresh produce soon.  But it's a sacrifice I'm willing to make. 

Dwayne bought some baking supplies for me, so I'll be starting my holiday baking this weekend.  I bake 2x a year....one weekend in the Fall, I make a couple of pumpkin rolls.  I kept half of one at home for Dwayne, and gave the other half of that one to his mom.  The other one I brought into work for my co-workers to enjoy.  The other baking time is during the month of December.  I bake cookies and mini loaves of Christmas bread as well as make chocolate-covered popcorn and chocolate-covered pretzels w/ sprinkles.  It is a LOT of work, very time-consuming...and I love doing it this time of year.  I make baskets filled with the homemade goodies and shrink wrap them, then tie them up with a big, beautiful bow and an ornament attached. 

This year I'll be giving one to my parents, one to my sister Brandy and her husband, and one to my sister Amy.  Also my sweet friend Kim, my supervisor and friend Billie and her husband (my ex-roommate) Shane, and my friend Melissa and her husband Aaron, and their precious little 4-year old daughter, Abby.  

This is such a blessed time of year.  There is a certain magic in giving from the heart...I encourage you all to do as much giving as you can.  Make a difference in someone else's life this beautiful holiday season.  :) 

8 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're enjoying your holiday season so far. Those gift baskets you make sound really cute! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sound really good. Did you see I tagged you yesterday with some questions to answer? If you don't want to, no prob, but didn't know if you saw.

    I love that you're going to use up what you have on hand. That'll feel good. I should commit to the same thing because I could feed the masses on what is in my cupboards and freezer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need your willpower! I am freaking out about Christmas money. This time of year always stresses me out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, sounds like we have a similar agenda in the gift front! I am the Cookie Elf around here.

    Cat

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am doing the same thing this month.. using up what I have in the frezer and pantry. That is so nice of you to makee all of the goodies for your family and friends. It is alot of work isn't it! I get together with two friends every year to make chocolates and candy. We have so much fun!
    Have a pretty day!
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a great time of the year. Hey Tammy your bake goods sounds really good. I would love to see pictures. Enjoy and have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree...your friends and family are super lucky to have someone so caring...:) (Included myself in that blanket statement!).

    You sound awesome...and right on track! Help me get back there...:)

    Hope to see you soon!!!

    ReplyDelete



Given by 266

Given by 266 and Bearfriend

Given by Jen

Given by Bearfriend

Given by Sheilagh & Kathleen

Given by Brittany, Michelle, Irene, Melanie, Sean, Amy, Sheilagh, Francesca & Christa

Given by Kristina, Amy & Auburn

Given by Sarah, Brittany, VRaz60, 266, Rebecca & Auburn

Given by Brittany

Given by Kelly

Given by Dawne & ETL

Given by 266, Sweettooth, Kelly & Brittany

Progress Photos

Progress Photos
232 lbs. ~ Size 18/20 outfit

232 lbs.

242.0 lbs. ~ Size 22/24 outfit

242.0 lbs.

Start Weight 06-12-09

Start Weight  06-12-09
272 lbs. ~ Size 26/28 outfit