The next step is to tell you 7 things you don't already know about me. Good grief, haven't I told you guys everything yet??? No???? lol. Ok.....let me see what I can come up with here....thinking....thinking...
(1) I was standing in my bathroom curling my hair a couple of weeks ago....naked...and seriously injured myself. I was fluffing my hair with my left hand, holding the curling iron with my right hand, and absent-mindedly laid it against my torso. I got a serious burn and will probably forever have a nasty scar. Great...just what I needed....another reason to hate my stomach.
(2) My first dog's name was Puppy Dog Rabbit. Yes, I named him that and I have no idea why. We lived in Florida and he got bit by a rattlesnake and died.
(3) As of last week, I was only 28 lbs away from Onederland. As of tomorrow morning, I will be a little further away, but I'm still excited!
(4) Up until just a few years ago, my favorite color was purple. Then I changed it to pink.
(5) I'm 37 years old and have no children and I prefer it that way. I've found myself being thankful these last couple of months that I don't have any children to be subjected to my financial and emotional instability.
(6) Up until this week, even though I've lost a good bit of weight from my highest point of 340 lbs, I haven't been able to picture myself at a normal weight. When I realized the other day that Onederland is within my grasp, I suddenly started picturing myself thinner in my mind. It's a thrilling thought. It makes me want to get there as soon as I can.
(7) I'm going to get to meet a blogger friend soon! Tina at Fat Girl Dives In lives here in Atlanta! We've both mentioned that we'd like to get together...now it's just a matter of setting up the time and place. When I get in a better financial situation, I'd like to set up some meetings with other blogger friends that live a little further away.
I now have to pass this award on to seven other bloggers and I'm happy to do so:
Amy at No To The Deuce
Pam at Journey To The Healthier Side of Life
Lisa at One Mom's Weight Loss
Alix at Casa Hice
Tina at Fat Girl Dives In
Marcelle at South African From Cape Town...
MB at Why The Weight?
Enjoy it ladies...each of you are so deserving!
On to today's business....first of all, the restaurant eating has continued this week. I've really been on a roll! However, I have now told everyone that I will not be eating out at all this next week, so don't even ask me!! Don't invite me...don't offer to pay for me...act like I'm invisible, lol. I also went grocery shopping this afternoon and I'm now fully stocked on lean meats, veggies, fruit, whole wheat bread, yogurt, etc. I'm all set and prepared for a fantastic week. How stupid is it to lose the first 2 weeks after the Christmas holidays and then completely lose your mind and self-control and gain the 3rd week? Yes...I realize how bad it is, and I will report the gain tomorrow when I officially weigh-in (although I looked tonight and I already know just how bad it is).
Here's the good news....I went on a hike this morning!! I took Scarlette and my sister Amy and we hiked at Red Top Mountain. At the bottom of the mountain is Lake Allatoona. I took several pics and then the battery on the camera died. I've got more camera issues than anyone else I know, lol. Get this. The trail was 5.7 miles long!!! I hiked the whole thing!!!! That's the longest I've ever hiked and I'm extremely proud of it. We finished it in 3 hours, only stopping 2x for a couple of minutes each time to give Scarlette some water. I am so incredibly sore...my butt, hamstrings, quads and feet are just toast right now. I have no idea if I'll be able to make it to the gym in the morning or not. Hopefully after a good night's rest I'll be feeling a little more flexible and can tackle that elliptical again. By the way, Billie and I made it to the gym 4x this week, plus I did the hike today, so I got in 5 days of exercise. Not enough to combat the restaurant eating, but I'm still proud I did it. Here are the pics from our chilly morning hike:
Back tomorrow with the weigh-in. 'Nite friends!