A food addict's travels on the road to recovery.

Saturday, March 27, 2010

A Call For Prayer

I got a hard reminder this morning that no matter how bad you *think* you have it, someone always has it worse. 

I'm very honest in my blog, and most of what goes on with me winds up right here.  I spend too much time dwelling on what's going wrong and not enough time counting my blessings.  Every once in a while I read someone's blog and it reminds me of just how good I have it.  I read one this morning that has me in tears and it's bothering me so much that I had to take time to post about it.  Ann at Pretty Woman needs our prayers. 

Ann's blog is public and full of raw honesty.  Since it's there for anyone and everyone to read, I'm hoping that she won't mind me drawing attention to it.  I'm doing it for her daughter Georgia. 

I'll be truthful with you.  Ann's blog is hard for me to read most of the time.  She and her children have had a horrific life, due to her ex-husband, who is now in prison.  You'd have to go back through her archives to see just how unimaginably horrible it's been because today I'm just going to ask you to pray.  Ann and all of her children need prayer to be healed from the damage they've suffered, and more specifically, her 10 year old daughter Georgia.  She has had her innocence ripped from her and she's suffering terribly because of it.  Ann is afraid she's going to die. 

No human being deserves to be subjected to the sick and twisted abuse that Ann and her children have suffered and everyone deserves love and prayer in their time of need.  I'm a firm believer in Christ's salvation and the power or prayer.  I know that God can heal even the worst of wounds....be it physical, mental, emotional or spiritual.  This child needs your prayers and I'll hope you'll offer some up for her.  Let's never get too busy or wrapped up in our own situations to take the time to lift someone else up in prayer. 

5 comments:

  1. I've never read her blog but will now. Thanks for calling attention to someone in need of pray. Mine will be sent her way today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear God no child, no one deserves to be trezted in such a way. My prayers are with her and her family. What suffering this poor mother must be going through...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will certainly add my prayers and thoughts, and hope that healing will be forthcoming for the family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I will definitely add them to my prayers. That's terrible, and it's sweet of you to try to reach out and help in any way you can.

    ReplyDelete



Given by 266

Given by 266 and Bearfriend

Given by Jen

Given by Bearfriend

Given by Sheilagh & Kathleen

Given by Brittany, Michelle, Irene, Melanie, Sean, Amy, Sheilagh, Francesca & Christa

Given by Kristina, Amy & Auburn

Given by Sarah, Brittany, VRaz60, 266, Rebecca & Auburn

Given by Brittany

Given by Kelly

Given by Dawne & ETL

Given by 266, Sweettooth, Kelly & Brittany

Progress Photos

Progress Photos
232 lbs. ~ Size 18/20 outfit

232 lbs.

242.0 lbs. ~ Size 22/24 outfit

242.0 lbs.

Start Weight 06-12-09

Start Weight  06-12-09
272 lbs. ~ Size 26/28 outfit