A food addict's travels on the road to recovery.

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

...The Ones We Love The Most

Short post. I just got done having a pretty intense argument with my mom. I can't think of a worse person in the entire world to have a fight with. It leaves me so emotionally and mentally drained. Then when she leaves, the anger is replaced with a flood of tears because feelings have been hurt on both sides. And we all know you can't take back words. It wasn't nasty....we weren't calling each other names or anything like that. That never happens. But it was impassioned on both sides. She was looking at me like I was nuts, and I afforded her the same reaction with her side of the argument. She is one of the most important people in my life (along with Dad), and yet we disagree on so, so much in life. Views, opinions, beliefs. I hate it when this sh*t happens. It's not often, but when it does happen, it takes a lot out of me. I'm going to bed early tonight. The sooner I fall asleep, the sooner I can stop thinking about it. At least for today. As everyone knows from last night's post, things have been pretty rough on a lot of different fronts for quite a while now. I could really use a little sunshine.

I ate 1500 calories today and walked 4 miles at the park. Let's hope for a better tomorrow. 'Nite all.

Quote For the Day:

"He that is good for making excuses is seldom good for anything else." -Benjamin Franklin

13 comments:

  1. The sunshine is your life is that you stayed on your eating plan despite the stresses in your life. What an accomplishment! I hope things with your Mom get settled and that you can find a way to lovingly disagree. Relationships are so hard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sucks that you got in a fight with your mom. Wish I could send some sunshine your way, but I live in Wyoming. At least you did well on your plan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Tammy,

    Sorry to hear about your disagreement with your mom. Moms can be tough because they think it is okay for them to say whatever they want to you because they gave birth to you. Well, sometimes it's true but most of the times it's not. You guys might need to establish some boundaries and do it with a loving heart. My mom has tried to cross my boundaries only a few times in my adult life but I just put her back in her place-in a loving way. I wish you luck and please stay strong.

    You should try the brussels sprouts again. I like to steam them for about 10 minutes or saute them in a small amount of olive oil. The bitterness comes when they are cooked to long. Stay away from the frozen sprouts. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww... Hugs, girl! You and I are having kinda similar evenings (although mine is minus an actual argument, yet complete with crappy feelings). Tomorrow will be better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw (((hugs))) it is horrible having a disagreemenet with someone you love, but it happens and usually we get over these things.

    Hope a good sleep helps!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry about you and your mom, Tammy. But, the bright side is that you kept on your eating and exercise plan, and that is awesome with the kind of stresses you have going on right now. Hang on to that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so sorry about the pain you are going through. I am impressed by your decision to stay with your plan, please know you are a role model!

    ReplyDelete
  8. today is a new day, I hope you can talk to your mom soon and get this cleared up. It's never easy going to bed with something like that weighing you down.
    2 thumbs up to you for walking 4 miles a day! I thought I was walking a lot til yesterday I drove it to see what exactly I am walking...only 1.2 miles...I think I need to jump it up a notch or 3!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you had a good night's sleep. Things almost always seem brighter in the morning. Way to not self destruct over the stress!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Sweetie,
    Thanks for sending me so much love while I was away! It was nice to come home to!
    I am on my way out the door right now. I haven't read your posts yet but I will read them all tonight...
    Hope you are well.
    An email soon too.
    xo
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry Tammy. Whenever I want to say something to my adult sons that they might not want to hear, I try to think how I'd feel if MY mother said it to me...I so want a better, more open relationship with my kids than my mother has with me. Hope you feel better about everything today.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't like arguing with my mom.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sending big squishy hugs, I hope you and your mum make up soon.

    Well done staying to plan, I am proud of you.

    Hugs xxxxx

    Sheilagh

    ReplyDelete



Given by 266

Given by 266 and Bearfriend

Given by Jen

Given by Bearfriend

Given by Sheilagh & Kathleen

Given by Brittany, Michelle, Irene, Melanie, Sean, Amy, Sheilagh, Francesca & Christa

Given by Kristina, Amy & Auburn

Given by Sarah, Brittany, VRaz60, 266, Rebecca & Auburn

Given by Brittany

Given by Kelly

Given by Dawne & ETL

Given by 266, Sweettooth, Kelly & Brittany

Progress Photos

Progress Photos
232 lbs. ~ Size 18/20 outfit

232 lbs.

242.0 lbs. ~ Size 22/24 outfit

242.0 lbs.

Start Weight 06-12-09

Start Weight  06-12-09
272 lbs. ~ Size 26/28 outfit