A food addict's travels on the road to recovery.

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

A New Day

Good morning. :) It's going to be a good day...I can feel it. After my Sandwich o' Shame last night, instead of wallowing in the guilt of exceeding my calorie limit for the day, I decided to do something a little productive. I got in the fridge, got out all my veggies that were fixing to go bad or getting a little soft and I made a big pan of veggie stir fry. Now I have a big bowl of cooked veggies in the frig that I can eat during the day when I'm feeling hungry and don't want to use up a lot of calories. I didn't use any oil at all....just a little worcestershire and Adobo. Pam told me about using these 2 items last week when sauteeing some cabbage. My stir fry had some cabbage, broccoli slaw, yellow peppers, yellow squash, zucchini and radishes. It's very colorful and tastes fantastic.

Lynn at Escape from Obesity says if you screw up and eat a bad meal make sure the next one is healthy. Breakfast this morning was one piece of Arnold's Double Fiber whole wheat bread, 2 c. of watermelon and a cup of fat free light vanilla yogurt. There's something a little different about this breakfast than normal for me. I didn't have any meat. GASP! Tammy eating a meal with no meat in it??? I was just telling Pam last week that if I don't have meat in a meal I feel like I haven't eaten. I've always been that way. I'm a meatatarian, so when I was eating my breakfast this moring, I felt the corners of my mouth turn up in the slightest of smiles. I made a little better choice than the day before and it feels good. :)

1 comment:

  1. Your body will definitely thank you if you start cutting back on the meat! I do love my meat, and I think it's an essential part of the diet, but you really only need it with about one meal a day. Learn to like eggs, cottage cheese, beans, and yogurt for your protein with the meals in which you don't eat meat.

    ReplyDelete



Given by 266

Given by 266 and Bearfriend

Given by Jen

Given by Bearfriend

Given by Sheilagh & Kathleen

Given by Brittany, Michelle, Irene, Melanie, Sean, Amy, Sheilagh, Francesca & Christa

Given by Kristina, Amy & Auburn

Given by Sarah, Brittany, VRaz60, 266, Rebecca & Auburn

Given by Brittany

Given by Kelly

Given by Dawne & ETL

Given by 266, Sweettooth, Kelly & Brittany

Progress Photos

Progress Photos
232 lbs. ~ Size 18/20 outfit

232 lbs.

242.0 lbs. ~ Size 22/24 outfit

242.0 lbs.

Start Weight 06-12-09

Start Weight  06-12-09
272 lbs. ~ Size 26/28 outfit