A food addict's travels on the road to recovery.

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Jogging & Jiggling

Today's been a success. I felt kind of snacky all day, but managed to keep it under control. Huge glasses of water and cups of coffee do wonders. I looked back on my calorie count for the week so far and I've kept it between 1300-1550 all week. Not bad, considering my daily limit was 1750!! I'm hoping to reach my first 15 lb goal this week. That would mean a loss of 3.8 lbs. Considering I set my overall goal at 10 lbs a month, and I've already surpassed that for the first month, then that really counts as my monthly goal already met. Yippie!

I still haven't heard back from my friend Lori on whether or not we'll get to use the lakehouse as my reward, so I've got to think of a back-up reward in case it doesn't work out. Today was treadmill day so I went down this morning and jumped on. I varied the speed between 3.7, 4.0 and 4.5. The latter is really a jogging speed for me, so I tried to jog. Although I was the only one in the fitness room at the time, I was still morbidly embarassed at the sound of my big, fat belly flopping against my thighs and making this hideous noise, so I dropped it back to a super fast walk and kept up as long as I could. Yesterday's time was 15:50....today's time was 15:04, so I'm improving. :) I can't wait til the day I get to tell you that my stomach has shrunk up enough that it no longer makes loud mocking noises when I jog. What a day that will be!

I also did 50 crunches and 20 arm exercises just for the "fun" of it. I've done a little packing today, and getting ready to do some more. Time to pack up my china cabinet. I'll probably have to make another dumpster diving trip tomorrow to gather some more boxes. Shane's off tomorrow so we're planning on driving around looking for some "for rent" signs....hopefully we can find a little house with a fenced in yard for the puppy to run around in. Keep your fingers crossed!

Goal Stats:

Calories 1750
Carbs 250
Fat 60
Protein 136

Today's Stats:

Calories 1303
Carbs 150
Fat 29
Protein 113

Here's my food intake for the day:

Breakfast casserole (egg whites, red. fat cheese, asparagus, mushrms, onions)
2 c. coffee w/ sugar-free creamer

Chicken melt (whole wheat sandwich thin, lite mayo, FF cheese, tomato)

Grilled chicken pasta salad (whole wheat penne, tomatoes, cukes, onions, lite Italian)

Crackers and roasted pine nut hummus
Kashi TLC bar (cherries & dark chocolate)
TONS of water
1 protein water

Side note: Dinner was especially delicious tonight. Shane commented on how awesome it was as he's done with all of our dinners recently. I think I actually caught him licking his plate. It just tickles me that because I'm the only one that cooks around here, he's "accidentally" going to lose weight right along with me. :)

Quote For The Day:

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit." -Aristotle

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I really like the quote for the day. Hadn't heard it before, and it is very good. One that I really love that kind of goes with that is, "My life is my message." I think it's by Ghandi. That's awesome that you pushed yourself on the treadmill a little today to go jogging. Just think that with every time your stomach's flopping, it's getting closer and closer to no longer doing that. :-D

    ReplyDelete



Given by 266

Given by 266 and Bearfriend

Given by Jen

Given by Bearfriend

Given by Sheilagh & Kathleen

Given by Brittany, Michelle, Irene, Melanie, Sean, Amy, Sheilagh, Francesca & Christa

Given by Kristina, Amy & Auburn

Given by Sarah, Brittany, VRaz60, 266, Rebecca & Auburn

Given by Brittany

Given by Kelly

Given by Dawne & ETL

Given by 266, Sweettooth, Kelly & Brittany

Progress Photos

Progress Photos
232 lbs. ~ Size 18/20 outfit

232 lbs.

242.0 lbs. ~ Size 22/24 outfit

242.0 lbs.

Start Weight 06-12-09

Start Weight  06-12-09
272 lbs. ~ Size 26/28 outfit