A food addict's travels on the road to recovery.

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Exhausted but Happy

I am completely exhausted, but it's been a productive day. Way better than the last two days. I went the furthest over my calorie limit today since I started this blog. I was a little upset about it earlier, but I got over it, because I've also been 100x more active today than I have since I started this blog. Pam says that when your activity level increases, your calorie limit should increase. From the hunger I was feeling today, that sounds about right to me. I was truly hungry, stomach growling, the whole bit. It wasn't emotional eating, so I can live with it.

Our search for a rental house is over. We're renting the house next door to my parents. They own both houses. We're getting a great deal and we're really looking forward to it. Thanks Mom and Dad!! I have been going from 7:30 this morning til, well, 1:30 the next morning....I guess this is officially Wednesday.

I went up and got Mom's truck, brought it back, loaded it (which included about 9 trips up the stairs to my 2nd floor apartment. Got back to Mom's, unloaded it, and ran some errands with her. I also got on her exercise bike for about 10 mins today just to try it out and get in some "official" exercise. I got back home about 4pm, cooked dinner and ate about 4:45pm, crashed and died at 5pm and slept til 7pm. Got up, showered, went dumpster diving and got some more boxes, went to Target and did a little shopping, bought some Oscar Mayer deli shaved turkey breast, came home and ate a sandwich about 9pm along with some chips and salsa. Got my 2nd wind, loaded up my car with stuff to take to Mom's tomorrow, brought all of the boxes up that I scavenged for tonight (all of this together was about 7 or 8 more trips up the stairs), packed boxes until about 15 mins ago, and now I'm completely exhausted. It's been a busy day.

Everything on my body aches right now. I am REALLY hoping I can move when I wake up in a few hours. I plan to get a lot more done tomorrow. I like the feeling of being active way more than being sedentary. It hurts like crap, but it feels good at the same time. It's good for the mind....keeps the depression away.

Goal Stats:

Calories 1550
Carbs 250
Fat 60
Protein 136

Today's Stats:

Calories 1931
Carbs 205
Fat 45
Protein 134

I ate at a fast food restaurant today.....gasp! I had been at mom's too long and was starving when I left. My little niece Carla kept saying she wanted Chinese for lunch.....then she wanted some Krystal's.....I knew I needed to get the heck out of there, but all of that food sounded good and I was so friggin' hungry. My friend Chris had mentioned to me before that if I get stuck out and I'm starving, that besides Subway, Taco Bell is a decent option if you get something like the grilled chicken soft tacos. The Taco Bell was closer than the Subway so that's where I went. When I pulled up to the drive-thru they had a new Fresco menu there and it listed the calories and the fat grams right on the sign. That was helpful. I ordered 1 grilled chicken soft taco with no cheese, and I ordered a steak burrito supreme off the Fresco menu. The burrito was 330 calories and 8g of fat. When I got home I checked the nutrition stats on the chicken soft taco...I think it was 170....so altogether lunch was 500 calories. I also checked the sodium, and surprisingly, it wasn't too bad either. Even after I ate those 2 items though.....I was still SO hungry....it felt like I had eaten a little appetizer.

Here's my food intake for the day:

Homemade turkey sausage (4 oz.)
3 egg whites
Sauteed onions & mushrooms
2 c. decaf swiss mocha almond coffee w/ sugar-free creamer

Taco Bell Fresco Steak Burrito Supreme
Taco Bell Grilled Chicken Soft Taco

Stir fry shrimp & baby scallops w/ broccoli, onions & mushrooms

Turkey sandwich on sourdough w/ tomato, onion, lite mayo & lite Italian dressing
Baked Scoops and fresh salsa
1 Coke
1 glass of tea, mixed 2/3 unsweet, 1/3 sweet
2 c. decaf swiss mocha almond coffee w/ sugar-free creamer
8 glasses of water
1/2 of a 3 Musketeers bar (130 calories)

Pam emailed me with a quote for my blog, I really like it. :)

Quote For The Day:

"There are no secrets to success. It is a result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure." -Colin Powell

2 comments:

  1. Good for you for being so active. It's true that your body needs more the more active you are, so it's great that you didn't beat yourself up over the calories today. It's kind of like driving a car; it's gonna need a lot more fuel for a 100-mile trip than for a trip to work three miles away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work! Nice preparation! Nice execution! You're doing wonderfully,
    Keep up the great wrok!!

    My best always
    Sean

    ReplyDelete



Given by 266

Given by 266 and Bearfriend

Given by Jen

Given by Bearfriend

Given by Sheilagh & Kathleen

Given by Brittany, Michelle, Irene, Melanie, Sean, Amy, Sheilagh, Francesca & Christa

Given by Kristina, Amy & Auburn

Given by Sarah, Brittany, VRaz60, 266, Rebecca & Auburn

Given by Brittany

Given by Kelly

Given by Dawne & ETL

Given by 266, Sweettooth, Kelly & Brittany

Progress Photos

Progress Photos
232 lbs. ~ Size 18/20 outfit

232 lbs.

242.0 lbs. ~ Size 22/24 outfit

242.0 lbs.

Start Weight 06-12-09

Start Weight  06-12-09
272 lbs. ~ Size 26/28 outfit