A food addict's travels on the road to recovery.

Saturday, July 25, 2009

The Sunshine Is Back

Today has been FANTASTIC!!! Dwayne came over and we took the puppy and headed out for a little hike. He's in better shape than me and said he didn't want to kill me on the first hike out of the new hiking book he bought me for my birthday, so he said we'd take it easy today. We went to Cheatham Hill which is part of the Civil War Battlegrounds tied into Kennesaw Mountain. We did a 2 1/2 mile loop....some of it uphill, some of it down. It was nowhere near as uphill as our hike up Ft. Mountain a few weeks ago, but it was enough to feel the burn. I was proud of myself for doing it. Some of the walk was in the sunshine, but most of it was under the cool shade of a beautiful wooded area. There was a light breeze and we crossed over a creek in a couple of different places along the trail. The birds were singing...the june bugs were humming...it was a beautiful summer day. I released all of my negative energy and breathed in all the fresh air I could hold. I thoroughly enjoyed my happy day and it felt good to smile and laugh again.

Dwayne said we could go on another hike tomorrow....if his back and butt muscles stop aching, lol. It does my heart good that Mr. I'll-take-it-easy-on-you-today is in a lot more pain than I am. :)

I'm headed to bed....it's been a long, fulfilling day and I'm looking forward to getting some good sleep tonight. And by the way, I didn't have to delete any emails today because nobody tried to contact me....hallelujah!! The clouds have parted and the sun is shining on me once more. :)

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great day - love those hikes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear you had a wonderful day today! Hope tomorrow goes just as well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Long may the sun shine, glad your had a great day. Happy Hiking :0)

    Sheilagh

    ReplyDelete
  4. Guess I'm not the only one with a hiking story!
    Glad you had fun, and looking forward to hearing about your next hiking adventure!

    http://hecate-metamorphosis.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where we live it is about as flat as a pancake! The hiking sounds just wonderful. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds absolutely wonderful! I'm so happy for you...Loved the idea of releasing all of the negativity. If they only knew the fabulous transformation you're experiencing. I'm thrilled at your unfolding journey---I love following your success...and thank you for following mine!!

    You're awesome!
    My best always---
    (ps--that e-mail you were waiting to send me?)
    Sean

    Tammy---take care of you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. congrats on the awesome loss!! 3 lbs is huge!! you go girl!!! i love hiking. sounds like an awesome day!!!

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Of all the exercises I hate, I guess I hate walking the least. But I have to confess, the only way I complete the distance I commited to is because I am walking to work, and I HAVE to go all the way. I can't turn around and take the short cut back home, I have to "go the distance". But some days I'm really in to it, like I can feel strength in my legs like better traction in my feet, and being more "grounded". I guess just "in the zone" with it somedays. This is a nice time of year for the hikes you described - Nice work out Too !!!!! I know the hikes you took must have had intense physical moments. It's like bonding with our bodies, when the physical and the emotional stuff meet.

    ReplyDelete



Given by 266

Given by 266 and Bearfriend

Given by Jen

Given by Bearfriend

Given by Sheilagh & Kathleen

Given by Brittany, Michelle, Irene, Melanie, Sean, Amy, Sheilagh, Francesca & Christa

Given by Kristina, Amy & Auburn

Given by Sarah, Brittany, VRaz60, 266, Rebecca & Auburn

Given by Brittany

Given by Kelly

Given by Dawne & ETL

Given by 266, Sweettooth, Kelly & Brittany

Progress Photos

Progress Photos
232 lbs. ~ Size 18/20 outfit

232 lbs.

242.0 lbs. ~ Size 22/24 outfit

242.0 lbs.

Start Weight 06-12-09

Start Weight  06-12-09
272 lbs. ~ Size 26/28 outfit