A food addict's travels on the road to recovery.

Friday, September 25, 2009

Frazzled Friday

Sorry!! I have never posted my weigh-in this late before!! The scale said 237.8 this morning for a gain of .8 of a lb. I've got one week left in my 4th month, and so far I've lost a total of 4 lbs in the last 3 weeks. To give you an idea of just how pathetic that is, Pam is over there kicking a$$ on her weight loss, losing like 14+ lbs this month!!!!! Dang it!! I gotta' get busy!!!

My precious little puppy Scarlette got sick right off the bat this morning. She had diarreah on Monday, but then seemed to be okay the last 3 days. Well this morning she yakked up 4 vomit piles on my livingroom rug and I freaked. I called the vet and made an appt, ran around and did all of my errands, met up with Dwayne and helped him with some stuff, and didn't make it back home until 8:30pm tonight. Been a crazy day.

The vet didn't really know what was wrong with Scarlette. He rubbed her tummy (feeling for sticks she might have eaten out in the yard), checked her stool for parasites, that was fine, checked her temp, that was fine, checked her weight, that was fine, gave her a shot, gave me 3 meds for nausea and diarreah, and finally told me she probably just ate the wrong kind of bug while outside playing. That's my baby....and that little assessment cost me $107! No biggie....I'd spend my last dollar on that baby if it meant keeping her in the best of health. I wish she would live forever.

So anyhoo, small gain this week. Due to my insanely busy day and nothing going as planned, I didn't make it to the park. My plan for tomorrow is to get up and hit the park and do 4 miles. Then I'm going to try and talk Dwayne into taking Scarlette with us back to the park tomorrow evening for a 2 mile walk. That's about all the baby's short little legs can handle. Hope everyone has a fantastic weekend! :)

15 comments:

  1. My cat, Drooke, has allergies. Every month to the vet for a shot. Not expensive but it adds up. Worth every penny!
    She's my baby too.
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. We both had a small gain this week, and we're both gonna swing it back to the losing side of the scale next week. I got a feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go take a pee and that gain will be gone! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Onward, right? As long as you recognize what you did wrong this week you'll put that .8 pounds plus some away where it belongs this next week. Hope your puppy's okay.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh Tammy.. i'm so sorry to hear about Scarlette... hugs.

    but i gotta tell you... those pics of you to the right are HOT.. you are looking FABULOUS. :) wow!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok, you had a small gain.. lets move past it and get back on track/schedule. You got this girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Why do they always vomit on the rug.....and not on the bare floor? My cat likes to puke on my carpet. Even though I have started walking this week, I am having a difficult time. Retaining fluid? Could be. I hate it when I am doing everything right, and the scale will not budge. Hope you have a really nice week-end. I'm out the door...............hugs, Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Tammy,

    Hope your little Scarlette is feeling better very soon!!

    I'm glad the book arrived safe and sound, and quickly too!:-) And of course we can be BBFs!

    Thanks so much as always for your unflagging support and insight Tammy. It truly means a lot to me.

    And last but certainly not least, many thanks for the award. I am truly honored that you think so highly of me and my blog. I am thinking on my ten things, and when I am ready shall swing by and retrieve my award.

    I greatly enjoyed reading your list of ten things about yourself. I think you are a very brave, loving, and caring person indeed. I feel blessed to have had the chance to meet you and get to know you here in blog land!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, poor baby. I hope that she feels better soon!! It is always on the carpet isn't it? Why is that!!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm impressed that the vet only charged you $107 for all of that! I cringe when I need to bring my dog and cats in...but like you said, they are our babies, and we do everything for them!!! Hope Scarlette is doing better today.

    Don't worry about the gain, or that you've only(!) lost four pounds so far this month - you are doing great...some months are slower with the loss (for me, anyway). Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Tammy,

    Don't worry about that small gain. I'm sure it will be gone real fast.

    I hope baby Scarlett is OK. Take care and have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Tammy. 4lbs lost in 3 weeks is good!

    Hope your pup is better soon. Also hope it goes well with the walking today. Having to walk your dog is going to be a great excuse to get out to the park. (Even Dwayne can't argue with that one!)

    Despite all the stress you sound very positive. Have a great weekend.

    Best wishes,
    Bearfriend xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Tammy, your doing so well, set back or not. Im sorry your baby isnt feeling well. I wish my 2 could live forever too, I love them so much. Poor wee things are thinking I need to build them an ark with all the rain we have been having (and presently have). lol My Charley wont even come out of his house at all........
    I had a big gain this week (1.4)...we will get them next week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hope your precious pup is doing okay!

    Thought I'd let you know I returned the favor and gave you the Honest Scrap award, too ... but do me a favor and accept it without the *rules* -- it would actually make me happier if I knew you just smiled and gave yourself a break. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Linus, my corgi mix, has a sensitive stomach. he throws up all the time and if he gets ahold of the wrong thing, he'll puke all night!

    ReplyDelete



Given by 266

Given by 266 and Bearfriend

Given by Jen

Given by Bearfriend

Given by Sheilagh & Kathleen

Given by Brittany, Michelle, Irene, Melanie, Sean, Amy, Sheilagh, Francesca & Christa

Given by Kristina, Amy & Auburn

Given by Sarah, Brittany, VRaz60, 266, Rebecca & Auburn

Given by Brittany

Given by Kelly

Given by Dawne & ETL

Given by 266, Sweettooth, Kelly & Brittany

Progress Photos

Progress Photos
232 lbs. ~ Size 18/20 outfit

232 lbs.

242.0 lbs. ~ Size 22/24 outfit

242.0 lbs.

Start Weight 06-12-09

Start Weight  06-12-09
272 lbs. ~ Size 26/28 outfit