A food addict's travels on the road to recovery.

Saturday, September 26, 2009

Soggy Saturday

For anyone who has been watching national news, then you know we had steady rain here in Georgia from Sunday through Tuesday of this past week and had some MAJOR flooding issues. I've had my fill of rain, BUT it rained again ALL DAY TODAY!! I had fully planned on walking at least 4 miles today, and hopefully 6 if I could talk Dwayne into going back to the park this afternoon. Well Dwayne's not big on exercise, and surely not in the rain, so I knew an afternoon walk wasn't going to happen. However, it was up to me to get out in the downpour and get at least 4 miles done today.

I did it!! It totally sucked, but I got 4 miles under my exercise belt today. I was completely soaked to the bone within the first 1/2 mile. It rained the entire time...it rained all day. I had 4 miles worth of gravel in my shoes when I got done, and 4 miles worth of blisters on my toes, but by golly I did it!

It's been a pretty decent weekend so far. I stayed within my calories yesterday, but today wasn't perfect. No bingeing or anything like that, just a little too much snacking. I went over my calories, albeit I did it with healthy snacks. I know that some people don't count calories for produce...fruit and veggies. I say whatever works for you, go for it!! But to me, a calorie is a calorie, no matter how you eat them. It doesn't matter if it's 1 Snickers bar or 5 bags of carrots, lol. No, I didn't eat 5 bags of carrots, but you get what I'm saying.

Nothing special planned for tomorrow. Meeting up with my roommate Shane and his g/f for breakfast tomorrow morning, then headed to the park to do my 4 mile walk. Lord, I hope it doesn't rain again tomorrow!!! It if it does, then I'll leave Scarlette at home when I do another 2 mile walk tomorrow evening...if not, I'll take my baby with me. She seems to be doing much better today. I'm thankful for that. It just breaks my heart to see my baby sick and not feeling good. I don't have any human children, so I have a completely unhealthy attachment to my puppy. Oh well......there are worse things in life. I just wish I could make her live forever. :)

Quote For the Day:

"The definition of insanity is continuing to do what you've always done and expecting different results." -Anonymous

7 comments:

  1. It just now clicked in my head why you were asking about my name. I went back and looked and I don't know if my response was abrupt (because I was just answering then and didn't realize what it meant), but I wanted to touch base and let you know that I am thinking about you. I wish I could reach through the computer and give you a hug right now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you for walking in the rain! Now that's dedication. However, it's days like this that you should break out those exercise DVDs so you don't have to make your exercise completely unenjoyable. Hopefully it'll be better for you tomorrow. Keep at it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tammy - I am such a wimp when it comes to walking in the rain! You're awesome for going 4 miles in it - way to show your dedication to your goal. I will have to remember you the next time it's raining/snowing here. All things are possible...even in the rain!

    ReplyDelete
  4. New to your blog. You look wonderful. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Tammy. Great job walking in the rain. I've done it myself at times and the feeling of achievement afterwards much greater than walking in the dry!

    Glad your pup is better.

    Happy that weekends seem to be getting easier for you - real progress.

    Best wishes,
    Bearfriend xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear your puppy has been poorly, I hope she continues to improve.

    And well done on walking in the rain - with the right frame of mind, it can turn into a fun experience!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You know I'm psycho about my dogs. I have no kids so they are my life, my angels, my fuzzy little love lumps.

    Wait until Halloween. I dress them up...go all out...you'd think they were children.

    I'm proud of you for walking in this nasty weather. These rains have been a real soaker. We've had the same systems, the same flooding.

    ReplyDelete



Given by 266

Given by 266 and Bearfriend

Given by Jen

Given by Bearfriend

Given by Sheilagh & Kathleen

Given by Brittany, Michelle, Irene, Melanie, Sean, Amy, Sheilagh, Francesca & Christa

Given by Kristina, Amy & Auburn

Given by Sarah, Brittany, VRaz60, 266, Rebecca & Auburn

Given by Brittany

Given by Kelly

Given by Dawne & ETL

Given by 266, Sweettooth, Kelly & Brittany

Progress Photos

Progress Photos
232 lbs. ~ Size 18/20 outfit

232 lbs.

242.0 lbs. ~ Size 22/24 outfit

242.0 lbs.

Start Weight 06-12-09

Start Weight  06-12-09
272 lbs. ~ Size 26/28 outfit