A food addict's travels on the road to recovery.

Friday, September 4, 2009

Two Goals Met!!

I weighed in at 241.8 this morning which gives me a 1 lb. loss this week. Thank God I didn't gain, and thank God the moving is over and I can look forward to a normal week!

A couple of things need to be noted this morning. First of all, I only lost 7.6 lbs this month, my goal being 10 lbs./mo., so I denoted my disappointment in that on my sidebar under Monthly Goals with a little frownie face, lol.

However, I lost more than my goal amount the first 2 months, so when I take the average of all 3 months together, I've lost a total of 30.2 lbs!! So in reality, I'm right on track! Of course, there's no cushion there now, so this coming month has to be spot on. Total focus and the highest importance given to the weight loss. Gonna' take it one week a time, make the best choices I can, and get in some daily exercise at the park. It's going to be a great week!

Also, I met a mini-goal this week. I set up a reward system, where I reward myself with something for every 15 lbs. lost. I hit the 30 lb mark today...time for another reward!! I have no idea what yet, likely something small due to my budget, but size and cost aren't the issue...it's the signifigance of the reward that matters to me. I told myself when I first started back in June that if I could just get to 30 lbs., then I'd really feel like I was on my way. I'm 1/3 of the way to my goal!! It's a fantastic day!!

Got a busy day ahead filled with chores and grocery shopping before Dwayne gets here this evening, as well as the cable guy coming by somewhere between 11a-2p to fix a small problem. I made another breakfast casserole last night for the next 4 mornings....only 166 calories per serving. Today's off to a great start! :)

16 comments:

  1. Woohoo!! Another pound gone!! Great job! Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the 1 pound this week and the 30.2 total. That's great! Big time progress. I love your idea of rewarding every 15 pound loss and can't wait to hear what this current gift to self will be. Have a great Labor Day weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job losing with all of that moving stress!!! Congratulations on reaching another reward - hope you find something wonderful to treat yourself to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's funny, because I was waiting for your post (after I saw the frowny face) to tell you just that! Congrats - you OWN THIS!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah! Not long now and you'll be out of the 40's. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another pound bites the dust!

    Keep it up, Tammy. You're doing great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your month's weight loss! You are inspiring and I really appreciate your support on comments on my journey. I wish we lived closer so I could get a blog tutorial from you. I can't even figure out how to make a blog list of people I follow. I mistakenly have myself following myself and don't know how to fix the problem. :) I admire your courage to post numbers...I'm afraid to post numbers even though people can likely figure that out if I have 100 pounds to lose. Well, nice to meet you and I look forward to celebrating more pounds lost with you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is WonDerFul considering the week you have had.

    I like the idea of small rewards, I do it for each 7 pounds We tend to weigh in stones over this side of the pond

    (14 lb's =1 stone)

    ..waiting for that smidgen I need for 21 pounds if driving me crazy.LOL

    so far I have treated my self to a new lipstick and two belly dancing scarves.

    Hope you have a lovely weekend

    hugs

    Sheilagh

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think that's just wonderful! 30 pounds in 3 months is awesome, and a really healthy, steady loss. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations, Tammy! Glad life is getting back to normal for you eating-wise and you're settling in to your new place. Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay Tammy! That's great that you pulled out a loss even with your crazy week! Now I wanna see some progress pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow... over 30 pounds loss! You are such an inspiration! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Over 30 pounds lost is amazing! I agree with 266, you are an inspiration!
    Congrats on the 1 pound loss even in the midst of a crazy week! Woo hoo!
    And I'm so happy to see you back.:-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Tammy,
    Good for you! You are doing awesome!
    You mentioned to me you wanted some (girly) pretty things now is the time! Get something you love, that symbolizes your hard work and where you want to be. Maybe girly earrings. Actually, I'd like to make and send you a pair. Write to me in my email and I'll make you a pair. Girly and pretty and a reminder that you are an inspiration to me and others. CrowNology@yahoo.ca
    If you don't wear earrings we can figure out something else!
    I am taking a computer break for some 'stuff' I need to accomplish and figure out...but I will check my email for yours...
    xo
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great Job, Tammy!
    You must feel fantastic :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations! So wonderful! 30 lbs is really great! I can't wait to get to 30 lbs!

    ReplyDelete



Given by 266

Given by 266 and Bearfriend

Given by Jen

Given by Bearfriend

Given by Sheilagh & Kathleen

Given by Brittany, Michelle, Irene, Melanie, Sean, Amy, Sheilagh, Francesca & Christa

Given by Kristina, Amy & Auburn

Given by Sarah, Brittany, VRaz60, 266, Rebecca & Auburn

Given by Brittany

Given by Kelly

Given by Dawne & ETL

Given by 266, Sweettooth, Kelly & Brittany

Progress Photos

Progress Photos
232 lbs. ~ Size 18/20 outfit

232 lbs.

242.0 lbs. ~ Size 22/24 outfit

242.0 lbs.

Start Weight 06-12-09

Start Weight  06-12-09
272 lbs. ~ Size 26/28 outfit