A food addict's travels on the road to recovery.

Monday, September 7, 2009

Labor of Love

I had a lovely Labor Day cookout with my roommate and family! And I have food pics!! I didn't take any people pics though....mom and I had both been cleaning house today among other things, and although we managed to shower, we didn't put our make-up on, so no people pics this time. However, I'm planning on trying to get some progress pics taken of me sometime this week. I'm not sure you can tell much difference in 30 lbs. I can feel a difference in my clothes, but I swear, everytime I get undressed and look in the mirror before I shower, all I see is fat. So I'll post some and we'll see.

Mom helped me do the grilling and everything turned out so good....very tasty. My Dad is the true judge of whether or not I did a good job. He'll come right out and tell you what he thinks if you ask him. If something's too salty, or overdone, or just doesn't suit his tastes, he'll tell you. You can always count on him for honesty, so after dinner, I asked him how he liked everything....and he said everything was real good! Woo hoo! The one pic that I screwed up majorly was my fruit platter that I made for dessert. I totally forgot to take the pics til after everyone was almost done eating!! I am so disappointed because it was so pretty before we dug into it. The outside was ringed with pineapple, then watermelon, then strawberries and grapes in the middle. Bummer.

One more thing! I've had to go to the park since I moved and no longer have access to the treadmill at the fitness center from my apt complex. Since I started driving over there last week, I've only done the 2 mile trail. For some reason, I haven't pushed myself to start the trail over, walk to the 2.5 mile marker, and double back to the beginning to complete the 3 miles. Today I did it!! I finally walked 3 miles, which is what I had worked up to before I moved from the apt. Only walking 2 miles again was going backwards in my progress, so it was time to step it up. And boy did I feel it!! Just goes to show you not to slack off on the exercise. If you drop back on what you're doing, or don't do it for a while, it is so hard and friggin' painful to get back in the groove. But I did it, and I'm proud. :)

I'm going to try to insert the pics now. If I can't figure it out...Pam is standing by on email for me, lol. Such a great friend. :) I enjoyed the holiday with my family and roommate Shane, as I hope all of you did, too!



Veggie Kabobs:














Grilled Salmon & Shrimp Skewers:















Baby Scallops:














Platter of Fresh Sliced Tomatoes:















Tuscan Bread with Roasted Garlic:














Lemon Pesto Butter:















Fruit Platter:













My dinner was 468 calories, and I still had 300 left over!! I know I'm supposed to be consistent with the calories and not all over the map, but I was so stuffed after dinner, I just couldn't fit anymore in. So total calories for today is 1200, and the excercise was a 3 mile walk at the park with my sister Amy. It's been a great day! Pam helped me line the pictures up, and she tried to tell me how to do it myself, so I'm going to give it another shot on tomorrow night's post with putting up pics of my baby Scarlette, and maybe some of Dwayne and I if I can find some.

Quote For The Day:

"Let us strive to improve ourselves, for we cannot remain stationary; one either progresses or retrogrades." -Mme. Du Deffand

10 comments:

  1. Yay for pictures! The food looks great, esp. the veggie kabobs AND the fruit platter!!!

    Good on ya for walking the 3 miles today!

    Looking forward to seeing your baby - I just love the pups! And your progress pics...sometimes we can't see how far we've come, but others can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love food pics so much!!! Everything looks delicious.
    Great to hear you had such a great weekend.
    You should be very proud of your exercise progress, Tammy. That's fantastic!
    I had to work at posting pics too. Blogger is funny sometimes trying to line up so many in one post. I still find it tricky sometimes.
    Hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. don't worry...if you can't get it, I'll always be here to help! (and don't feel bad...if you go back in Daniel's blog where I first started? - the pics are all over the place and look like crap LOL)
    SPEAKING OF PICS...I think its time to do an IN PROGRESS shot over in your sidebar along with your starters. You know, for comparison!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The food looks great! Glad you had a good, healthy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The food looks delicious, love the fruit platter and the kebabs.

    Congrats on getting the photos on, I am still having trouble on my food blog with photos. But it is a learning curve for us all isn't it?

    Well done on three mile walk, don't you feel good when you have finished a walk like that:0)

    I am looking forward to you next photos.

    hugs

    Sheilagh

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can I come to your next cookout? The food looks awesome. Congratulations on the walking increase and good healthy food intake. Very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm getting hungry looking at your pics! :) Congrats on serving healthy choices and staying in control.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh man. Am I hungry!

    ReplyDelete



Given by 266

Given by 266 and Bearfriend

Given by Jen

Given by Bearfriend

Given by Sheilagh & Kathleen

Given by Brittany, Michelle, Irene, Melanie, Sean, Amy, Sheilagh, Francesca & Christa

Given by Kristina, Amy & Auburn

Given by Sarah, Brittany, VRaz60, 266, Rebecca & Auburn

Given by Brittany

Given by Kelly

Given by Dawne & ETL

Given by 266, Sweettooth, Kelly & Brittany

Progress Photos

Progress Photos
232 lbs. ~ Size 18/20 outfit

232 lbs.

242.0 lbs. ~ Size 22/24 outfit

242.0 lbs.

Start Weight 06-12-09

Start Weight  06-12-09
272 lbs. ~ Size 26/28 outfit