A food addict's travels on the road to recovery.

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Job Fair Tomorrow

It's been another busy day....I had a lot of errands to run and stuff to take care of. My sister Amy came over late this morning and we went to the park together and walked the 2 mile trail. It wasn't my normal power walk, but it wasn't a stroll either. The weird thing is, I was even MORE sore after today's walk than I was after yesterday's which was much more rigorous. My body is so strange, lol.

Mom met us at the park with my niece and nephew after we were done with our walk. She brought Krystal's for lunch....I was going to eat 4, but knowing they were 160 calories each, I decided to only eat 2. I have a love affair with Krystal's that just won't seem to die....but I'm getting way better at having them in smaller amounts when I do have them. They're just a terrible caloric value...so little food for so many calories, and I like making better use of my calories.

I had a piece of breakfast casserole this morning that I made yesterday...it was 211 calories. I love making these....I cut it into 4 pieces and have breakfast that morning....and then don't have to cook breakfast for the next 3 mornings! These will come in really handy when I finally get another job. I made a French style pork stew in the crockpot for dinner....it made 3 servings and was 400 calories a serving, and quite tasty I might add. I love coupling pork with rosemary. It's a lovely, fragrant combination.

I had a few snacks throughout the day and came in right at 1500 calories for the 2nd day in a row. One more day before weigh day and then we'll see what the damage is. I've been drinking tons of water, just like I usually do, so I should have flushed all the sodium out from the moving weekend. Of course there's the bloating now that Mother Nature has so graciously bestowed upon me....but there's just nothing we can do about nature. Except cuss it, which I've done profusely. :)

The job fair is tomorrow morning at the Embassy Suites hotel...they are hiring for all positions. I'm hoping to snag something in Accounting or Bookkeeping...say your prayers!! It runs from 9a-3p...I'm going to be there at 8:30am. I've got my resume ready to go...3 copies actually....maybe I'm a little overzealous? lol The most stressful thing about getting ready for this was searching through my clothes in the closet. Oh my. I came upon the realization that I haven't bought any new work clothes in YEARS. I was at the last job for 3 1/2 years, and I guess when you get comfy in a place and get used to wearing the same outfits, maybe you don't realize how worn they're getting? At least I didn't.

The other problem is, I lost 20 lbs VERY SLOWLY over the course of last year...and then another 29 lbs since I started this blog in June. That's dang near 50 lbs!! Everything is now not only worn out, but oversized. It's not exactly falling off yet, thanks to my voluptuous hips, but if I sucked my stomach in, I feel sure my skirt would hit the floor. Gonna' have to watch that tomorrow, lol.

Well I'm off to cuddle with Scarlette. Poor baby....she's loving having the fenced in front yard, after leaving the apartment....but it's a two-edged sword. She's found absolute delight in munching on bugs at night when they come out and start crawling across the sidewalk...but last night she got stung on the nose by a fuzzy caterpillar, and tonight she got stung on the lower eyelid by a bumble bee. It's a little swollen, and she keeps rubbing her eye on my leg...I feel so sorry for her. Maybe she'll learn soon to snack selectively. 'Nite nite. :)

9 comments:

  1. Aww, poor doggie. I didn't even know that caterpillars could sting... Good luck on snagging on a job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forgive me for being absent lately. This schedule is crazy. It wouldn't be so bad if we were not so busy in radio land. I guess I shouldn't complain---it's jobe security right?

    I'm so happy the move is over and everything is back to normal.
    good luck at the job fair.

    My best always
    Sean

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nearly 50lbs! That is quite an achievement.

    Poor Scarlette, yes, we all need to learn to snack selectively, or we may suffer the consequences too, lol!

    Good luck at the job fair!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck at the job fair! And for goodness sakes, don't suck your tummy in!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to get back on track! Very impressive! I bet the scale won't be too bad. I do pray you get a job...and I'm sorry that little Scarlette is having bug trouble. My Linus got stung by yellow jackets several times last year. And you know all about my love for hot and steamy Krystal's. Oh man. Now I'm hungry.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sending out some prayers for you at the job fair! Keep us posted!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck at the job fair! Sure would love that recipe for your breakfast casserole. You could post it or send to my email. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good Luck at the Job Fair Tammy, hope you get something that suits you. I like the idea of that breakfast casserole too, any chance of sharing the recipe?

    Got everything crossed for you

    hugs

    Sheilagh

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much for coming by and commenting on my blog! I am loving the support and encouragement I have recieve thus far from everyone - it's so helpful. 50 pounds is a huge amount... way to go on being so dedicated. Good luck with the job fair!

    ReplyDelete



Given by 266

Given by 266 and Bearfriend

Given by Jen

Given by Bearfriend

Given by Sheilagh & Kathleen

Given by Brittany, Michelle, Irene, Melanie, Sean, Amy, Sheilagh, Francesca & Christa

Given by Kristina, Amy & Auburn

Given by Sarah, Brittany, VRaz60, 266, Rebecca & Auburn

Given by Brittany

Given by Kelly

Given by Dawne & ETL

Given by 266, Sweettooth, Kelly & Brittany

Progress Photos

Progress Photos
232 lbs. ~ Size 18/20 outfit

232 lbs.

242.0 lbs. ~ Size 22/24 outfit

242.0 lbs.

Start Weight 06-12-09

Start Weight  06-12-09
272 lbs. ~ Size 26/28 outfit