A food addict's travels on the road to recovery.

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Beach Challenge Food Pics Day 17


Another great food day in the books!!! 

Dwayne and I each bought a cheap pair of tennis shoes at Payless this weekend for our beach trip.  I walked 3 miles at the park today to break mine in....I can tell they're cheapies, but they feel pretty decent.

 

Breakfast was at 9am.  I had a scramble with 3 egg whites, 5 oz. of baked chicken, mushrooms, onions & bell peppers with 1/8 c. of 2% shredded cheese.

Calories:  271

At 1pm I had a sandwich on a Thomas Everything bagel thin w/ 3 oz. of Boar's Head low sodium ham, 1 Tbsp of lite mayo, tomato, red onion & dill pickle.

Calories:  250

At 3pm I made some baked chicken wings w/ Mojo marinade on them, which is a garlic and lime blend...totally delicious!  I took the skin off before I ate them, and ate 7 wings...Scarlette ate the last one.  :)



Calories:  280

I had a sugar-free Jell-O chocolate pudding at 4:30pm.

Calories:  60

Mom invited me over for dinner at 6pm.  I measured out 1c. of jasmine rice, which is 320 calories.  I guesstimated the gumbo to be 180 cals.  It has chicken, tomatoes, onions and okra with a gravy that was thickened with flour.  Mom is a FANTASTIC cook!

Calories:  500

When I got home from the park I had a Chobani peach yogurt.

Calories:  140

I'll be making my 2 c. of decaf w/ sugar-free creamer when I finish this post...the cals are 30.

Total Calories:  1531

Water Intake:  (4) 32 oz. glasses
Exercise:  Walked 3 miles at the park

I am 3.6 lbs away from hitting my 16 lb. goal that I gave myself for this month-long challenge.  I'm hoping to win that goal with my weigh-in this Friday!!!  Wouldn't it be cool if I could end up losing 20 lbs total this month???? 

I also noticed on my ticker on my sidebar that I'm only 2.9 points away on the BMI chart from being merely overweight instead of obese.  I set out on this journey to beat the living tar out of Morbid Obesity until he was dead and gone forever....as you can see....his days are numbered.  :)

Hope everyone is right on track and giving it their all for these last 2 weeks!!  :)

11 comments:

  1. Another awesome day for you!! Whoo hoo, wish I was having such great days - I need to find my mojo again.
    have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is some calf muscle sister!!!! Apparently you don't carry weight on your lower legs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so close to your mini goal, I have no doubt that you will meet it and smash it. :D

    Beach trip? Need someone to carry your luggage? lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. your calves are killer..too cool.
    beat the sh*t out of mo.
    he deserves it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good deal on closing in on the new BMI category and on getting into the 220s! And thanks for the spaghetti sauce info, I love pasta and that sounds really good. Will have to try it someday soon. LOL on the "longest comment Matt's ever left" - true, I'm normally pretty concise in my comments, but I just couldn't help it in that case!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your calves: I can't stop looking at them. Is that wrong? LOL Looking good, my friend.

    And way to go kicking obesity in the arse! It sounded so strange for me to tell hubby "I'm so happy! I'm overweight now." LOL Good to get out of the obese category.

    You're doing great! Keep it up because it's definitely working.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Get there! Congrats on the upcoming new goal successes. It's incredible what we can accomplish when we set out to do it.

    Shoes are one thing that I do break down and buy. I'm a cheapskate pretty much in every other category but shoes are a must for me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my little sister is rocking right now!!!

    You could do the TWENTY easy!!

    love

    Sheilagh

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was going to comment on your calves..lbut, looks like EVERYONE beat me to it. lol. They look great. Love the shoes, too. ;)

    ReplyDelete



Given by 266

Given by 266 and Bearfriend

Given by Jen

Given by Bearfriend

Given by Sheilagh & Kathleen

Given by Brittany, Michelle, Irene, Melanie, Sean, Amy, Sheilagh, Francesca & Christa

Given by Kristina, Amy & Auburn

Given by Sarah, Brittany, VRaz60, 266, Rebecca & Auburn

Given by Brittany

Given by Kelly

Given by Dawne & ETL

Given by 266, Sweettooth, Kelly & Brittany

Progress Photos

Progress Photos
232 lbs. ~ Size 18/20 outfit

232 lbs.

242.0 lbs. ~ Size 22/24 outfit

242.0 lbs.

Start Weight 06-12-09

Start Weight  06-12-09
272 lbs. ~ Size 26/28 outfit

Blog Archive